Tuesday 20 May 2008

Pet Peeves #2

Pet Peeve #2: I Want Brilliant NHS Health Care And A Fantastic Police Force, But I Don't Want To Have To Pay For Any Of It!

You know the type. The people who always complain about how certain services they want aren't good enough, but whine when they are asked to pay tax. I'm sorry, but how else are we supposed to fund heathcare, the police force and education without tax money? This is not some magic fantasy land where everything is free.
Don't get me wrong, I am all for lowering taxes, if possible. If there is places where money is going to waste than this should be identified and changed. But I am much more in favour of making sure that every citizen has quality healthcare, a good education system and a well-run police force than I am making sure they have lower taxes(obviously within reason).

No comments: